The days after Thanksgiving are always great for bargain hunters and today is no exception. As usual, Amazon has loads of great deals right now on everything under the sun, and we gathered a few particularly good deals from there and elsewhere in a short set of lists below.
iPhone 5 Deals
By far the best deal on iPhone 5 is for refurbished AT&T GSM models at a whopping $100 discount. That means you can get an iPhone 5 16GB model for just $99 with a standard two-year contract, and 32GB models for $199. The refurbs are available at AT&T’s online store and come in all sizes and colors with free shipping.
See all other iPhone deals at AT&T, all refurb iPhone 5′s are $100 off, refurb iPhone 4S is available for $1 with a contract, and there are even great deals on Android and Windows smartphones if that’s what you’re in the market for.
Refurbished Apple gear is high quality and we recommend them highly for the great discounts complete with a standard warranty. Sure, the refurbed iPhone models may ship with a little scratch or ding, but at a 50% discount I’m guessing most people won’t mind.
There are quite a few good Mac deals out there today. If you’re near an Apple Store or shop online through Apple you can get about $100 off any Mac model. Best Buy also has good deals in stores, but some of the best deals are coming from Amazon with 16% to 20% off some of the newest MacBooks including the Air, Retina 13″ Pro, and
- MacBook Air 13″ base model for $1012
- MacBook Air 11″ base model for $895
- Retina MacBook Pro 13″ for $1515 (retina!)
- MacBook Pro 13″ for $964 (not retina)
- See all deals on MacBooks at Amazon
iPad & iPod Deals
Apple and Best Buy seem to have the best deals out there on iPads and iPod touch.
Apple Store – deals are valid from online store and in stores
- $41 off iPad with Retina display at Apple Store (online and local)
- $31 off iPad 2 at Apple Store (online and local)
- $31 off iPod touch at Apple Store
If you were hoping to find a discount on the iPad Mini, you’ll be disappointed to find out it’s just not happening right now. It’s not just Apple though, no retailers are marking down the Mini, and even the popular competing 7″ tablets from Google and Amazon aren’t discounted either.
Best Buy – deals are valid in store and sometimes online:
- iPad with retina display at $439 and up
- iPad 2 at $369 and up
- iPod touch from $268
Note that some BestBuy items need to be picked up at a store to get the best prices.
Hard drives, SSD’s, cloud backups for your computers, here are a few other great deals around the web right now:
- Seagate 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive – $99.99
- SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 2.5″ – $84.99
- Samsung B550 Series S23B550V 23″ LED Display for $180
- Crashplan online cloud backups – 92% off but slowly going up throughout the day, great cloud alternative to Time Machine
More great deals will likely surface as the weekend progresses, we’ll post anything else worthwhile.